Room 703,No.28 Huahai Road.Economic and technical development zone,Shenyang P.R.China
WE ARE COMMITTED TO PROVIDING CUSTOMERS WITH
HIGH QUALITY PRODUCTS,COMPETITIVE PRICES AND EXCELLENT SERVICES
Secret for processing titanium alloys
Based on the understanding of the processing mechanism of titanium alloys and the previous experience, the main processes for processing titanium alloys are as follows:
(1) Blades with positive-angle geometry to reduce cutting forces, cutting heat and deformation of the workpiece.
(2) Maintain a constant feed to avoid hardening of the workpiece. The tool should always be in the feed state during the cutting process. The radial feed amount a e should be 30% of the radius during milling.
(3) High-pressure and high-flow cutting fluid is used to ensure the thermal stability of the machining process and prevent surface denaturation and tool damage caused by excessive temperature.
(4) Keep the blade edge sharp, the blunt tool is the cause of heat build-up and wear, which can easily lead to tool failure.
(5) As far as possible in the softest state of titanium alloy, because the material becomes harder to process after hardening, heat treatment increases the strength of the material and increases the wear of the blade.
(6) Use a large tool nose radius or chamfer to cut in as much as possible into the cutting. This can reduce the cutting force and heat at every point and prevent local damage. When milling titanium alloy, the cutting speed of each cutting parameter has the greatest influence on the tool life vc, and the radial cutting amount (milling depth) ae is second.
History of titanium alloys