Room 703,No.28 Huahai Road.Economic and technical development zone,Shenyang P.R.China
WE ARE COMMITTED TO PROVIDING CUSTOMERS WITH
HIGH QUALITY PRODUCTS,COMPETITIVE PRICES AND EXCELLENT SERVICES
Titanium Bars Application In The Automotive Industry
At present, reducing fuel consumption and reducing harmful wastes (CO2, NOx, etc.) has become one of the main driving forces and directions of technological progress in automobile industry. Research shows that lightweight is an effective measure to save fuel and reduce pollution. For every 10% reduction in the quality of the automobile, the fuel consumption can be reduced by 8% to 10%, and the exhaust emission can be reduced by 10%. To this end, all countries in the world are studying the lightweight problem of automobiles. The preferred approach to light weight is to replace traditional automotive materials (such as steel) with a high-intensity lightweight material (aluminum, magnesium, titanium, etc.).
1. Advantages and disadvantages of automobile titanium
The use of titanium rods and cars began in the 1950s, shortly after the birth of the titanium industry. Because of reasons of technology and price, the application of titanium in the car has not caused the attention of the industry, with the improvement of automobile energy saving and environmental protection standards, in recent years, it gradually become a popular issues concerned by the international materials together with the car.
Titanium rod has many excellent properties and is the preferred material for many different kinds of auto parts. The main advantages and applications are as follows.
(1) the low density is only 60% of the steel density, not only can the vehicle quality be reduced, but the motor inertia can be reduced for the high-speed moving parts.
(2) it is higher than strength in various metal materials, and the ratio strength of titanium is almost the highest, and it can be used as load-bearing component;
(3) the elastic modulus is only 50% of the steel, and the anti-fatigue strength is big enough to make the spring.
(4) good heat resistance Can work under 200-650 ℃ for a long time, suitable for high temperature components;
(5) the thermal expansion coefficient is 50% of stainless steel and aluminum, suitable for engine valve and other parts;
(6) good corrosion resistance Corrosion resistance is better than that of aluminum, magnesium, and stainless steel, atmosphere, rain water, antifreeze pavement moisture resistance and hot waste gas containing hydrogen sulfide corrosion, suitable for the working environment is bad part such as the exhaust;
(7) good frost resistance Environment of 100 ℃ below zero, also won't produce brittleness at low temperature;
(8) forming parts of various shapes through stamping, hot forging, powder metallurgy, precision casting, etc.
(9) decorate good to pass oxidation treatment, can form colorful adornment material.
In addition to TC4 titanium alloy rod and TC4 titanium forgings, the vehicle has higher heat resistance, rigidity and abrasion resistance
The advantages of using titanium in automobile are: reducing the quality and reducing fuel consumption; Improve the power transmission effect and reduce the noise; Reduce vibration and load of components; Improve the car's durability and environmental protection.
Its disadvantage is: generally, the titanium that the car USES is not good, the elasticity is lower than the steel, it is difficult to process the machine. However, wear resistance can be improved by coating or reinforcement. The elasticity can be improved by reinforcing. If the machine adopts near-net forming technology or other processing conditions, the defect can be minimized. However, it is the cost of titanium rod and titanium forgings to prevent titanium rods and titanium forgings from being widely used, which is determined by the complexity of the raw materials, smelting and processing technology of titanium. The melting cost is basically the energy cost of separating the titanium from the oxygen. The processing cost is usually the processing and polishing cost. Polishing involves the removal of a multi-amount oxygen from a crack or surface damage.